Monday, June 17, 2013

Newbie/Social Butterfly Lounge Calendar for ISTE13

I am so excited to be attending ISTE13 in San Antonio this year. This will be my seventh ISTE, but I clearly remember my very first one. As a newbie, I wish I had known about having a PLN (personal learning network) back in 2004, when I attended for the first time in my home town of New Orleans. I didn't attend again until 2008 and still didn't have a PLN, so I enjoyed it, but again wished I could have had a better way to network with others.

Things were different when I attended in 2009 in Washington, D.C. My PLN (lead by @bethstill) made that ISTE experience so much more rewarding. Every year since then I have made an effort to help newbies in any way that I can. 

This year at ISTE I plan to volunteer much of my time in the Newbie/Social Butterfly Lounge which will be located in the West Registration Lobby. Please look for me and I'll help you in any way that I can.