Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Choose2Matter - Day 1 of Connected Educator Month


I am glad that I was invited to join the Facebook group Choose2Matter. (Was it created by Angela Maiers?) I received an email on July 26 notifying me that Paula White had invited me. At that time there were a couple of hundred people, mostly educators, in the group. Today as I was checking out the latest activity from the group, I noticed there are now over 4,600 members.

Today is August 1 and it is Day 1 of Connected Educator Month. Being a member of Choose2Matter is a great way to be connected. I know that I will learn much from the people in this group. 

As I was reading the posts about how members of the group choose2matter, I came across the imagine above posted by Donna Baumbach that she created here

Here is how I choose2matter:
1. I will ask my principal to make Choose2Matter our school's theme. 
2. Print and proudly display the above poster in my classroom.
3. Continue my journey as a lifelong learner everyday.
4. Learn alongside my students everyday.
5. Tell and show my students each day that #youmatter.

I hope you Choose2Matter every day!